Re: Can I ask??

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 13:04 +0000, John Matthews wrote:
> Is it just me, or are we all seeing the Kanji characters in the subject
> line of some messages?
If you are talking about the From header, then yes, probably the
characters you see after his name have something to do with the name
itself:
                              From:
Simon Wiles 魏希明
<simonjwiles@xxxxxxxxx>

> Chinese characters worry me slightly, usually
> they are associated with suspect sites.
I don't think you can identify something as malicious just because it
contains some sort of non-latin characters. I could write my name in
Cyrillic and, probably, that would be suspicious as well :)

> I am surprised my ubuntu picked
> them up, I didnt realise it could view them.
Yup, the power of Unicode is all over the place.

--
Roman Yepishev <roman.yepishev@xxxxxxxxx>