Re: the answer! system monitor

On 12/19/2009 10:14 AM, alan c wrote:
I have struggled to understand what is happening moment to moment with
ubuntu one, particularly when I have recently introduced large files I
am also unsure of my connection upload rate. Sometimes I am unsure of
even if ubuntu one is working.

However system monitor shows network up and down load activity.

There is clearly cpu activity followed by upload activity in bursts,
and I can at last get a feel for the rates of things.

You can also run "u1sdtool --current-transfers" on the command line to see what Ubuntu One is currently doing. It would be possible to build a nice GUI "monitoring" tool which shows what Ubuntu One is doing and how much there is to go, by talking to the Ubuntu One syncdaemon's D-Bus interface; if anyone wants to write that, that'd be pretty cool :)

sil