Re: Ubuntu One SyncML lib

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Marcus <m.beyer5@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Since Ubuntu One gets SyncML sync via Funambol, can I assume that there
> would be a python SyncML library used to do so?
> If so, is this an open source lib or are there plans to open source said
> library?

Funambol is open source:
https://www.forge.funambol.org/participate/projects.html

We have not written any python code to speak SyncML, and I am not
aware of a good python SyncML lib yet. I would like to find one
because it would be useful for us writing test code. The only thing
that speaks SyncML in Ubuntu One contact sync is the phone, and the
clients on the phones are written in many different languages, none of
them python.

Our internal servers do not speak SyncML, instead they talk to the
Funambol server (which is written in java) and the Funambol server
speaks SyncML to  mobile phones.

There are also Funambol clients for things like Outlook and
Thunderbird, and while we are not currently documenting this
capability, an Ubuntu One user who signs up for phone sync could also
install the Funambol Outlook plugin and put in the same username and
password from their phone, and get contacts also synced onto their
Windows desktop. We haven't had any time to actually test this though.
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/