Re: Publish folders as well as files?

On 23 April 2010 13:36, Elliot Murphy <elliot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion! We don't have definite plans to publish folders
> right now, personally I'm a little hesitant about enabling publishing of
> websites through Ubuntu One. It's not impossible or anything like that, but
> I am proposing that we focus in improving performance, integrating with
> Zoho, doing a Windows port, and adding undelete.

Those things all sound good :)

> We still are still working on the roadmap for Ubuntu One over the 10.10
> release, and very soon we will be putting up blueprints on Launchpad to
> propose sessions for UDS.
>
> Everyone is welcome to propose feature ideas here, and to participate in
> person or remotely at any of the Ubuntu One sessions at UDS next month.

I have some proposals I would like to make (peering on the local network in
order to speed up downloads/reduce WAN bandwidth, the possibility of using
other methods to access the filestore, e.g. rsync)

I'm very happpy with U1 by the way; I'm storing my photo library there and
keeping it synch'ed between multiple machines (or at least I will be once
the uploads are finished; unfortunately my laptop only gets a few hours of
network a night, and it's taking a while to upload a 10,000 picture 10GB
library)