Bring P2P into Ubuntu One

Hi,

one very important aspect in the ecosystem of Ubuntu is the community.
So why exclude it from Ubuntu One? In my opinion what would be a nice
feature in Ubuntu One would be the use of peer-to-peer. P2P cloud
storage can provide secure, reliable, distributed file repository.

In order to make this real, the hackers could get inspiration by
having a look at how the social distributed file-system-like online
storage Wuala [1] is handling "online hard drives" in the cloud. In
short, Wuala can offer its users *unlimited* space by making it
possible to "exchange" hard drive space for online space (one has to
be online several hours a day to be able to use this feature). For
people who don't want to use this, the traditional way of buying
online storage is of course still there. [2] I would love to see this
great concept implemented in Ubuntu One service. Another source for
inspiration of what is possible with online storage is Tahoe-LAFS, a
Free Software/Open Source decentralized data store. [3]

Your thoughts?

Best regards,
Hajo

[1] http://www.wuala.com