Ubuntu One and notifications

Hi all,

I noticed in Maverick Alpha 2 I see an "Ubuntu is {enabled,disabled}"
message in Nautilus all the time.  I also never see a notification
area icon.  Are these both as intended?  On a netbook my vertical real
estate is very precious and the (approximately) 48 px banner assuring
me that Ubuntu One is enabled or disabled feels really gratuitous.
When I want to know if Ubuntu One is doing anything (like downloading
the songs I just purchased) I naturally look to the upper right to see
if there is a notification area icon, but there never is. :-(  I know
this may conflict with the (absolutely excellent) effort to clean up
notifications, but I'm clearly missing some level of assurance that
eveything is ok...

Regards,
Pete

--