Syncing from Debian

Hi all,
     I am an erstwhile Ubuntu user. For many reasons made a switch to
Debian. As a Debian user if I want to sync not names, contacts but
stuff like settings or something say all the .* directories that I
have got, is there a way to do that ?

Looking for answers.

Are there any tools and things which can help me with the syncing
process ? If yes, where can I find info. about how to go installing
them and whatever else is needed to be done.

Thank you in advance.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल