ubuntustudio-dev team mailing list archive

[Blueprint ubuntustudio-photography-t] Ubuntu Studio Photography Workflow and Meta for T

Blueprint changed by Len Ovens:

Whiteboard changed:
  This is the blueprint for the Ubuntu Studio Audio workflow.
  Find, research and select audio packages and tools for the LTS release.

  Imported from raring, and later saucy:

  Imported from the raring whiteboard:

  apps for consideration:
  entangle (tethered camera control & capture) - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/entangle
  rapid photo download (quickly download photos from SD card) - https://launchpad.net/rapid (included now)
  phatch (batch image processor) - https://launchpad.net/phatch (included now)
  digikam (photo manager) - https://launchpad.net/digikam
  gthumb (update IPTC and EXIF metadata) - https://launchpad.net/gthumb
  krita (image editor/creator) - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+package/krita
  darktable (RAW/image editor) - https://launchpad.net/darktable (included now)
  luminance-hdr (HDR editor) - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/luminance-hdr

  Len questions: are we thinking of getting rid of Raw Therapee and Shotwell?
  Len adds: KDE libs are no longer a concideration as we have already added them.

  Example Work Flows:
  http://scribblesandsnaps.com/linux-tools-for-serious-photographers/
  linux workflow example: http://www.rileybrandt.com/2012/07/31/linux-photo-1/
  http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2011/02/portrait-photography-in-linux-extensive.html
+
+ It seems that Simple Scan is not up to graphics or photography use as it
+ does not seem to include (That I could find) a way for scanning colour
+ material. For both Photography and Graphics we should have something
+ less "simple"... something fully featured. I personally installed xsane,
+ but there may be others that are better. Considering the similarities
+ from scanners to Cameras there may even be other SW we now ship that
+ works with scanners too.

--
Ubuntu Studio Photography Workflow and Meta for T
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntustudio-meta/+spec/ubuntustudio-photography-t