Re: [HG UFL] Implement recursive initialization of tensor elements.

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 03:05:24PM +0200, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> 2008/5/5 Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>:

> >> I don't agree with this, we want to have e.g. symmetric
> >> second order tensor elements, which do not fit into this.
> >
> > In what way do they not fit?
> >
> > The flag is_symmetric() is still there.
> >

> For a symmetric tensor in 3D, there should be only 6 subelements,
> and this recursive initialization will create 9.

Does that matter? Creating an UFL element is very lightweight so it
shouldn't matter that we have a few extra elements. The important
thing is for algorithms (and form compilers) to look at is_symmetric
and use that to optimize.

--
Anders