Re: [HG UFL] Added __hash__ to Form, and caching of hash, repr and str so they are only

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:58:08AM +0200, UFL wrote:
> One or more new changesets pushed to the primary ufl repository.
> A short summary of the last three changesets is included below.
>
> changeset:   224:4df4ffa5de1be81ed07fdea22569beb39e2e75f0
> tag:         tip
> user:        "Martin Sandve Alnæs <martinal@xxxxxxxxx>"
> date:        Fri Sep 05 10:58:06 2008 +0200
> files:       ufl/form.py
> Added __hash__ to Form, and caching of hash, repr and str so they are only
> computed the first time str(form), repr(form) or hash(form) is called.

Very nice. I have the same thing in FFC (JITObject) which wraps a form
and remembers the signature for later reuse.

One thing is that JITObject also includes the compiler flags
(quadrature or tensor representation etc) in the signature. Would it
be possible to add a mechanism like this to a Form so that it would
already be included in the signature? It would amount to attaching
a signature (for something else like compiler flags) to a Form that
gets included in the signature for the Form itself.

--
Anders