Re: [HG UFL] Temporarily give up on implementation of is_multilinear (see comment

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:03:14PM +0200, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> I was wondering how you intended to use that :)

I was planning to count the number of products each basis function
appeared in. That worked but then I realized that's not what we need.
We need to know how many of each basis function appears in a product.

> Lets discuss how to best do this soon, I can show you
> how I've been thinking in the other algorithms as well.

It can be easily implemented using the monomials() function I just
added. It returns a list of tuples, where each tuple is a product of
basis functions.

The final monomials() function will do some more, like propagating all
linear (differential) operators to the basis functions.

--
Anders