Re: About latex compiler

On Wednesday 29 October 2008 23:00:44 Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> Which latex math environment is best for automatic splitting of long
> formulas? It would be nice to not have to split formulas using
> heuristics in the ufl code...

I do not know of any environment that do this automaticly. In AMS-latex you
have some more multiline environments than eqnarray, such as: align, gather,
falign, multinline, alignat and split. I have only experience with align.

You could maybee have an orientation parameter, landscape or portrait, to
ufl2pdf. Then you will get a bit more line to write your formulas.

Johan