Re: polynomial order of form

On fr., 2009-02-13 at 14:03 +0100, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:
> Quoting "Garth N. Wells" <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx>:
>

> > Kent Andre wrote:

> > > In general I don't think this is what you 'want' to do.
> > > It is common to use the same quadrature rules for
> > > a = inner(grad(v), grad(u))*dx
> > > and
> > > a = f*inner(grad(v), grad(u))*dx
> > >
> > > even though f is a function.
>
> Sure, but I do believe the default should be correct integration.

As it is now it is correct in the sense that the integration is accurate
up to a certain order and this accuracy is consistent with the order of
the element independently of the number of coefficients or variational
form.

Anyway, I think this is just a decision to be made. One can argue in
both directions. I'm fine with you choice.

Kent