Re: polynomial order of form

Quoting "Garth N. Wells" <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Anders Logg wrote:
> >> Agree.

> >> Here you're already into FFC territory...
> >>
> >> Integration order is an important mathematical
> >> property, the method for code generation is not.
> >> "tensor" is in the latter category.
> >
> > Hints for the degree of the quadrature is also form compiler
> > specific. There may be other ways to evaluate the integral than
> > quadrature, for example by random sampling, symbolic integration (like
> > in SyFi) or using a tensor representation (FFC).
> >

> Tensor representation still uses quadrature, it's just that it's
> performed a priori rather than at runtime.

I guess the degree is just the highest polynomial order that the user wishes
integrated exactly.
If it is possible for the form compiler to comply with this wish it may do so,
if not it will ignore the instruction.
On second thought, I think we do need 'quadrature', 'tensor' to be allowed in
the metadata, otherwise the user can't specify different representations on
different subdomains.

Kristian