Re: UFL and new release

On Thursday 26 March 2009 21:44:50 Anders Logg wrote:
> FFC is now fully functional w.r.t. compilation of UFL forms, at least
> judging by the demos in FFC which now all produce correct results.
>
> The Poisson demo in DOLFIN has also been moved to UFL.

Should we also include the ufl version of the Poission python demo too?

This could be done by putting:

from dolfin import *
try:
    from dolfin.ufl import *
except:
    pass

at the top of the poission demo.

If we want that we should probably release viper too, as a recent patch made
it possible to plot ufl based PyDOLFIN Functions.

> I therefore suggest we make new releases of FFC, UFL and DOLFIN:
>
>   DOLFIN 0.9.2
>   FFC 0.6.2
>   UFL 0.1.0 ?
>   SyFi/SFC?

The added ufc.build_ufc_module is needed for the PyDOLFIN/ffc.jit so we will
also need a UFC 1.1.2 release.

Johan