Re: [DOLFIN-dev] A form-based approach to isoparametry

Ah, let me explain further: The reason I have the two vector spaces --
affine and iso, is so that I can reverse the affine transformation before
applying the isoparametric transformation.  Today I found a small bug in my
isoparametric transformer, and now I'm sure stokes works; the pretty example
showing the differences between refined affine and unrefined isoparametric
is coming along!  We want to get rid of having to transform back to the
reference using the affine coefficient space before this is ready to be
used.  I have been looking through UFL and FFC for a good way to drop in a
new jacobian.  Passing the new jacobian to FFC is really easy using
metadata... using it is harder.

So, anyone else have any tips on that?  Here's the MAJOR issue I can see
cropping up -- I can pepper the form itself with the new Jacobian in order
to transform function (derivatives) affinely, but other transformations
(co/contravariant Piola anyone?) will not work like this.  I NEED to give
FFC something that can be manipulated like the pullback/pushforward between
geometries to use the more interesting element types, or even more
interesting forms.   I need to be able to extract information like how a
given basis function (and its derivatives) transform at the UFL
form-transformation level, OR I need to be able to change the Jacobian
(per-measure).

Peter