[Question #118358]: BasisFunction and Function

New question #118358 on UFL:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ufl/+question/118358

I am working with the UFL tutorial, and when trying out BasisFunction and Function I get error message. An example code is

from ufl import *
element = FiniteElement("DG", tetrahedron, 0)
v = BasisFunction(element)

which gives the error message

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 3, in <module>
    v = BasisFunction(element)
NameError: name 'BasisFunction' is not defined

and

from ufl import *
element = FiniteElement("DG", tetrahedron, 0)
f = Function(element)

which gives the error message

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 4, in <module>
    f = Function(element)
NameError: name 'Function' is not defined

Does this mean that the functions BasisFunction and Function have been removed, or am I doing something wrong?

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of UFL
Team, which is an answer contact for UFL.

Follow ups