Re: How is the quad_scheme argument to FiniteElement interpreted?

On 23 May 2011 11:20, Martin Sandve Alnæs <martinal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is this documented somewhere? Since it is a UFL argument, it should be
> documented in UFL.

It's not documented anywhere I think. True, it is a UFL argument, but
UFL doesn't know anything about quadrature schemes and I don't think
it needs to. The argument just has to be a string, then it's up to the
form compilers how to deal with the argument.
FFC currently supports two different schemes, the 'default' scheme
which is the hardcoded quadrature schemes which Garth implemented and
the 'canonical' scheme which is a Gauss--Legendre--Jacobi quadrature
scheme mapped onto simplices.

Kristian