[Question #169147]: Using Hexahedron Element

New question #169147 on UFL:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ufl/+question/169147

I am trying to use a hexahedron element, but thing goes wrong when I compile using FFC. No problem arises when I use a tetrahedron element. This is the my ufl code:

element = VectorElement("CG", "hexahedron", 1)

u = TrialFunction(element)
v = TestFunction(element)
f = Coefficient(element)
#g = Coefficient(element)

mu    = Constant("hexahedron")
lmbda = Constant("hexahedron")

def epsilon(v):
    return 0.5*(grad(v) + grad(v).T)

def sigma(v):
    return 2.0*mu*epsilon(v) + lmbda*tr(epsilon(v))*Identity(v.cell().d)

a = inner(sigma(u), epsilon(v))*dx
L = inner(f, v)*dx

And this is the error I got while compiling

//...
Compiler stage 4: Generating code
  Generating code for 3 elements

*** FFC: 'hexahedron'
*** FFC: To get more information about this error, rerun FFC with --verbose.

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of UFL
Team, which is an answer contact for UFL.

Follow ups