Re: [Question #173119]: Outputting a symbolic jacobian to a file

Question #173119 on UFL changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ufl/+question/173119

Martin Sandve Alnæs posted a new comment:
Ok, that should work. Not sure where you get preprocess from, or which
version you use, but you can also do

fd = a.compute_form_data()
a2 = fd.preprocessed_form

Or
from ufl.algorithms import expand_derivatives
a2 = expand_derivatives(a)

The latter does less processing than preprocess/formdata.

To inspect the form, try str, repr, and ufl.algorithms.tree_format. There is
some latex formatting but I'm not sure what state it us in currently.

Martin
Den 3. okt. 2011 23.59 skrev "Colin McAuliffe" <
question173119@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> følgende: