[Question #212068]: Reducing a fraction

New question #212068 on UFL:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ufl/+question/212068

Hi,
is there a way one can manipulate (by some algorithm) UFL expression or form to reduce a term like
    something * x[0] / x[0]
to mathematically equivalent
    something * 1
which has polynomial degree smaller by two. Moreover it could prevent division by zero.

I'm not asking for a generel algorithm doing a division of rational functions but rather if user can apply some transformation rule locating products with factors x[0] and 1/x[0] and remove it.

I admit I could do this transformation by hand but consider situation when this expression is result of automatic calculations (e.g. automatic differentiation).

Thanks
Jan

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of UFL
Team, which is an answer contact for UFL.

Follow ups