Re: [Question #212068]: Reducing a fraction

Question #212068 on UFL changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ufl/+question/212068

Jan Blechta posted a new comment:
Good job, Martin. But general cases like (g*f)/f are of my interest. So
it would need to recognize associative compound of many products and
divisions which could be transformed to general fraction like
f1*f2*f3*.../(g1*g2*g3*...) with fi,gi terminals and then to check for
possible equalities fi==gj for some i,j to reduce the fraction. So it
would simply set terminals fi=gj=1 and kept original expression in order
to avoid need for defining additional operator for fraction. What do you
think about this design? It of course needs thinking over non-scalar
case (possibly do nothing).

I woud try doing something like that sometimes next week (if not anybody
else:)) but I'm not much familiar with UFL operation so I can't
promise...

Jan

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of UFL
Team, which is an answer contact for UFL.

Follow ups