Re: [Question #215444]: how does FEniCS apply the Dirichlet boundary conditions on unitcircle

Question #215444 on UFL changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ufl/+question/215444

Huadong GAO is still having a problem:
Thanks Johan again.

I just want to know how does FEniCS define the value of the node at
boundary edge, say,

for the UnitCircle partition the following element is near the boudary,
we can assume edge 1-2-3 is the boundary, and when applying Dirichlet boundary conditions,  we have to know the values of the equation at  nodes 1, 2 and 3,

node 1 and node 3 lay on the boundary so we can directly use these values, but the value of node2 is difficult to get, as node 2 is not on the boundary exactly,

my question is how FEniCS treat this.

1         2              3
o--------o-----------o
    o  4           o 5
         \       /
           \   /
             o  6

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of UFL
Team, which is an answer contact for UFL.