Re: problems with messaging indicator and workflow

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 10:43 -0700, Jordan Mantha wrote:
> So in the end for me, user-to-user messaging was just fine for me
> before the indicator applet and so I've removed it, but system-to-user
> messaging could *definitely* use an indicator applet.

I'll avoid making jokes about how you want to communicate with machines
more than humans ;)

So, we've talked about a system indicator over meals and other things.
One of the real problems is that it's hard to determine what *shouldn't*
be in a system indicator.  It quickly became a place to put everything
you could possibly think of.  So, can you think of a mode with something
more specific than "system" it seems that leads down lots and lots of
rabbit holes.

		--Ted