Notifications are annoying when typing in the upper right corner of a window

Hi all,

sorry if this problem has already been brought up. I noticed that the
new notifications (but also whatever kind of notification you may think
of)  are extremely annoying when typing. My use case is: an open chat
window, and a full screen firefox. Typical for me. Pidgin issues
notifications for new messages because the window is hidden, and that's
very nice, but: I alt+tab to firefox, type F6, type tab, and get focus
to the web search field. Then start typing, a notification arrives and I
have to wait because I can't see the typed text.

I do not know if there is a way to know if a certain area of the screen
has the input focus but this is a real usability problem for me.

Vincenzo

--
It is also important to note that hedgehogs do not actually hurt each
other when they get close to one another. Actually, when living in

Follow ups