Re: (A tentative list of) One Hundred Paper Cuts

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 1:53 AM, David Siegel <david.siegel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Here is a tentative list of 100 paper cuts for Karmic, divided into 10
> weekly milestones of 10 paper cuts each (some milestones contain an
> additional Kubuntu paper cut):
>
>   https://edge.launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts/karmic

Hello,

Apologies for the wide email. I'd marked an older bug (wishlist) as a
papercut by adding OneHundredPaperCuts to the "affects" list and nominating
it for Karmic. I understand the deadline is in a couple of days and the
status is still "new" meaning nobody has looked at it?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts/+bug/294523

I hope I'm not doing something wrong with the process.

The bug is about the installer attempting to "download stuff at 82 percent"
which kills the install experience. What would normally be a pleasant 5
minute install now takes 15-20 min or more due to the delay at that point. I
was wondering if this qualifies as a paper cut candidate and if anyone might
take a look and put some sort of indication (invalid, confirmed etc) whether
it qualifies to be in the 100 list or not :-)

Regards,
Vishal Rao