Re: Message Indicator: Listing apps in menu even if they are not on

Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> According to the MessagingMenu spec, registered message applications
> will always be listed in the menu regardless if it is running or not
> [1]; however, there is no explanation or justification for doing this.
>
> My question is: Why? To what purpose are all registered applications
> always listed in the MI, regardless if they are running or not, if
> they have messages or not, if the user even uses them or not.

I think it's reasonable to leave the option of staying out of the menu
there. For a start, any app should be able to be configured to keep off
the menu (for example the case of a user using a non-default mail
client). I don't believe the intent was to force items to be there
regardless of user preference.

Mark