Re: Ubuntu User Experience Guidelines

That's correct! :)

Actions are manifestations of principles and principles are
manifestations of values. A more extensive study could be done to
confirm this but a quick reference to the dictionary and my knowledge as
a Psychology major affirms the idea.

Your proposed principles made me think that it could help if we have two
presentations of the UX principles: for the user and the developer. It
is the developer's job to empathize with the user so the developer has
to understand the two presentations of the principles but the user
doesn't necessarily have to understand the developer's principles. A
component of UX is the perception of the product. As an Ubuntu user, my
perception of the OS is affected by what I read about it. Its code of
conduct and "the Ubuntu promise" helped me form my perceptions of the
OS.

Perhaps, a helpful tool to generate ideas on what to include in the list
of UX principles would be surveying in the UbuntuForums. I will ask
people on UF how they perceive Ubuntu then tell you their feedback :)

Best regards,
Allan Caeg
https://launchpad.net/~wersdaluv
http://twitter.com/wersdaluv