Re: Ubuntu User Experience Guidelines

That sounds more beneficial for free desktops overall.

I think, it is best to define DE-specific principles. While there are
some principles/guidelines that would fit only one DE's goal's most UX
principles could be shared across DEs.

Maybe, a DE-specific guideline would be the "warm feel" of the artwork.
As we all know, Kubuntu has a different path from Ubuntu when it comes
to this area.

Probably, the best thing to do would be to keep in mind every DE while
constructing a set of UX principles. That way, no one is left out. After
all, one of Ubuntu's principles is giving the user the option to choose
because we recognize individual tastes, preferences, and needs.

We are yet to discover other DE-specific guidelines. If someone can
mention anything other than the artwork's feel, please do.

In other news, here is my UF thread on the survey to know how users
perceive the Ubuntu UX
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1279499 . I think, this thread
will be alive for quite some time. If I think that we already have
substantial responses, I will code them into themes.

Allan Caeg