Question about Bug Reporting Tools in Ubuntu, from a design perspective...

Greetings,

Excuse me if this has already been addressed elsewhere.  I, a pretty
standard user, recently did a rather sloppy upgrade from Jaunty to Karmic
(partially to see if I could handle it, partially because I'm lazy and I had
a complete backup).  My laptop had some pretty out of the ordinary hacks,
and things didn't go well initially.

Tons of Kernel panics, and tons of well handled bug reporting pop-ups.  My
question is this, why do we need to login to Launchpad through our web
browser to report these bugs?  I feel it is extremely disruptive, especially
when something non-essential crashes and Ubuntu asks if I'd like to file a
bug.  Of course I'd like to file a bug!  That's what I am supposed to do,
correct?  But this practice makes my work-flow crippled, and it takes quite
a bit more time than a built in submittal tool.  Over the past three days,
I've gotten tired booting my machine, logging in, something crashes, bug
report needs to be filed, now I have to go to Firefox.  For goodness sake, I
just need to get into a pdf for work or school!  Now that I'm on the
web...hmm, work or browsing? :)  Of course, maybe this is just a poor
example of me trying to get out of work, but I think you get the point.

>From what I can see, this system function is about 85% darn near perfect.
That last 15% is how the bug is actually placed in the system.  Is anyone
interested in creating a bug reporting mechanism or interface for Launchpad
that allows a user to submit his Launchpad I.D. and password, and NOT have
to be moved to firefox to finish the bug submission?

I realize that reporting bugs gets messy for both the user and the triager,
however, I think that this would be a step in the right direction.

Thoughts?

-Anthony

Follow ups