Re: MI idea suggestion

Am Freitag, den 16.10.2009, 14:26 -0400 schrieb Alex Launi:

> Could someone on the Ayatana team give it some review for what needs
> done to make it really beautiful?

	I assume you're thinking of gm-notify's preferences dialog. Here's an
screenshot of it, which I found on the web:

        http://bleedingpaper.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/bildschirmfoto.png

	In order to beautify this dialog, follow a grid layout. For reference
and others to participate, I attached a sample glade-file and two
screenshots of my suggestion. Following this grid layout makes it easier
for the eye to follow all available options. Typical spacing and padding
is GNOME-ish 12px.

	I'm not 100% sure how to go about the checkmark and sound-file
selection. But I added it anyway. You could set the sound-file selection
(label and file-chooser-button) to insensitve, if the "play sound file"
is not checked.

	If you want to implement on-the-fly verification (and indication) of
failed or successful authentication, you could render that using a
secondary icon in the GtkEntry used for the password (new gtk+-2.16
feature). See attached screenshots pw-fail.png and pw-success.png. As
long as the password does not match the username you can show the
error-icon. Once the user authenticated with the right password you can
switch that to the ok-icon.

	I hope this was helpful for you can use this to further tweak the
gm-notify pref-dialog.

Best regards ...

Mirco