Re: Shutdown dialog countdown

Siegfried Gevatter wrote:
> Without thinking much about it, my suggestion would be to change the
> confirmation button from "Shut down" to "Shut down now" and the text
> to something like:
>
> """
> <b>Are you sure you want to shut down?</b>
>
> You have X seconds to abort the request.
> """

I like that.

> 2009/12/9 Duncan McGreggor <duncan.mcgreggor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>  * cancel the shutdown if the "Really" button isn't pressed
>
> Erm, what? The whole point of this is to ensure that the computer
> *does* shut down if the user forgets to press the confirmation button
> and walks away :).
>
> Cheers,

Right, but my suggestion was intended to point to another perspective.
Maybe we *don't* want a shutdown to happen if a user forgets to press
the confirmation button... maybe we want to target the other audience
(the accidental shutdowners). This would also address Martin's concerns
about users who wait, since there is no more wait: do it or abort.