Re: Shutdown dialog countdown

On 12/11/2009 01:44 PM, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
\\
That's an improvement, but I still prefer the original design. ;-)

If we wanted to move Cancel to the opposite corner, we should do that
for Cancel buttons in all alerts and dialogs (as the Amiga used to, for
example), not just this one. Otherwise, just use the standard placement.

Often it will not be true to say "Your system is ready to shut down":
any inhibition checking -- e.g. "Save changes to Untitled before
closing?" -- is done after you confirm the shutdown/logout/restart, not
before. (Maybe we should change that, but that's a wider topic.)

I liked Duncan's suggestion for the text, and added in the "now" to the button.

How's this?

--
Martin