Re: Possible security risk with update-manager

> Yes, but that's true for any window where the user is using the default
> theme. It has nothing particularly to do with Update Manager.

There is something *very* specific to update-manager. It is the only
application that asks my system password in an unpredicted manner. As
far as I remember all other applications that ask my password do it in
predictable moments. At least this is true for all other
administrative applications that I remember.

Please, read the original message. That was my main point from the start:

"It would be much easier to tell the user: never give a password unless
you started a wor-flow where you already knew that a password would be
required. This sounds like common sense. With the new update-manager
we can not say that to the users anymore."

best,

Paulo

Obs: Mathew, please answer this message, the first one, by mistake, I
replied only to you.