Re: why doesn't indicator-applet-session's status menu show icons?

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 04:18 +0100, Jan Claeys wrote:
> Currently the indicator-applet-session's status menu (where you set
> availability status) doesn't show icons.  This makes it really difficult
> to understand what the status icons shown in the main applet actually
> mean.
>
> I think the status submenu should show the associated icons, so that
> people have an easy to find reference for those "status icons".
>
> What do other people think about that?

I would agree.  It currently honors your desktop-wide setting of whether
icons should be shown in menus.  It seems to me that this setting is a
little bit of a failure in itself.  But, if people want it that way, I'm
not going to force it on them.

The exception to this rule is supposed to be icons that represent
"objects" and I believe that setting your status is more of an action
than an object.

		--Ted