Re: Web application notifications vs. Notify OSD

Shane Fagan wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 07:04 +0000, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
>
>> Thanks for posting the discussion, MPT.
>>
>> Your suggestion of a dedicated, managed window for this seems quite
>> reasonable, at least as a starting point. Separately, it might be worth
>> exploring a persistent indicator as a placeholder for missed
>> notifications that have potential responses, but I'd prefer to avoid
>> that as most of the tunnels in that rabbithole end in traps.
>>
>> Mark
>>
> Hi Mark,
>
> The Gnome-shell guys are making a persistent indicator and I think that
> they are going to cycle through the ones you missed while you are afk.
> Is that what you were thinking above?

Yes, but note the rabbitholes. I don't think we'll do this, I would need
to see very strong arguments in favour of it. Happy for others to
experiment but would not support it on Ubuntu unless I was convinced to
change my mind. That does of course happen :-)

Mark