Re: Fwd: Proposal of new UI element for windows in Ubuntu: Esfera

On Friday 26,March,2010 02:18 PM, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Got this interesting proposal from Pablo, and thought it should be sent
> to the list rather than handled in private correspondence. It reminds me
> of something David Siegel was sketching out, also inspired by the
> challenge of "how we can make the most of the new space".
>
> Pablo, if you're not subscribed to Ayatana, it's the best place to
> sketch out a proposal like this.
>
> I appreciate both the detail in the proposal and the relaxed way it's
> pitched!

This is some really cool stuff, but one UI element doing everything, and
especially because the appearance is just a blue circle, really does not seem
intuitive. We would need a manual describing exactly how to use the control
(akin to the proposal attached earlier), or it would be just a single (albeit
powerful) UI element that nobody uses because they don't know what it is.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin (GPG: 0x8F02A411)