Re: Promoting the LTS

I think this is a great idea! However I would furthermore consider
calling the LTS a Release Candidate (RC) for the first 6 months to
allow for some stabilization where only must-fix things that didn't
meet the 6 month deadline and security fixes get included. Sort of
like waiting on Microsoft for SP1 :-).

For example https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/496093 is currently
blocking me from running Lucid on my eeepc 901 full time (regression
from the current Karmic version). I'm not confident this will be fixed
by the end of the month. I'm aware of the issue due to past bugs on
this, however if I was a user upgrading from a working version to an
LTS and got broken I would not be a happy camper.

Thanks,
Walter Wittel