Re: Farewell to the notification area

On Sunday 25,April,2010 05:55 PM, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:

> And you think malware couldn't put up a systray icon tricking you into
> thinking you have updates? You think you would be able to tell the
> difference? The panel icon is just as fakeable as the popup.

Frankly speaking, I think I'd have a lot more trouble faking a notification area
icon/indicator or whatever we want to call it these days than a popup, from a
website point of view. I'm talking about all those weird banners that have
Windows-like window borders. These popups can be just as easily spoofed using
Ubuntu-styled window borders.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin