Re: Farewell to the notification area

security is nothing for a visual internet designer to be concerned about.
we have a security team taking care of that, did anybody as *them*?
i see the sustainable security solution in the fashion of PGP
protection for example.

how do others implement update notification?
didn't OSX show updates (undynamically) in the session menu?
We could do this dynamically in "incator applet session".
why not put it in there?
if an automatic "apt-get update --critical-only" (sry guys) returns
stuff, an item would be displaced in the system menu, and the power
button would turn into notification color, perhaps blue this time,
since it's not a restart we are alerting about.