Re: Two suggested designs for the Sound Indicator

On 3 May 2010 11:04, Alex Lourie <djay.il@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How about a dinamic ordering in the indicator?
>
> So if I don't have any music player currently running (or playing), the an
> "active" application should appear first (for example, Firefox, or better
> even - VOIP application, such as empathy or Skype).

Very good idea! It would indeed be a huge usability benefit if the
applications are sorted on their activity so you can easily set the
volume of the application you're most likely interacting with.

> If the "active" application doesn't support audio functions, then present
> the first one that does, etc.

I don't think we should include anything that doesn't use audio in the
Sound Indicator.