Re: How do I know when I'm connected to the network successfully?

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 15:43 -0700, Scott Ritchie wrote:

> In short, the process of connecting to the internet for the very first
> time did not work very well, as the indicator in its current form is
> simply failing to indicate what we needed to know.

There is an outstanding design issue surrounding indication of online vs
network connectivity (which are not the same thing).

We talked about it at UDS-L and the conclusion was: Network Manager
backend needs improving before designs can be done.

Martin,