File transfer dialog behaviour

If this is the wrong forum to bring this up, apologies in advance:

I'm wondering if the current form of the file-transfer dialog is up for
discussion. I wanted to dismiss this dialog (see attachment). I was fairly
certain that the red X to the right would abort the copy operation, so I
didn't click that.

But what about the red x on the top left of the window? It could cancel the
operation. Then I thought 'when I close nautilus, it doesn't delete all my
files. It just dismisses that view of my filesystem.' - so it probably just
closes the window without effecting the operation.

Then I thought 'But this is an operation dialog, not a passive window
interpreting a view of the system.'

I clicked it anyway, and sure enough - I was safe. Could this dialog be
improved? A file transfer is a more delicate operation than say, Rhythmbox
playing music and some reassurance from the interface would have made the
experience far more comfortable before taking the plunge and clicking on
that. I can live with my music stopping, but I don't want to restart a large
transfer.

I know, I could have minimized it. But I guessed from the panel indicator
that I had a better option, which we do. Should it be publicised a bit more?