Re: Two suggested designs for the Sound Indicator

2010/5/12 Diego Moya <turingt@xxxxxxxxx>

> The problem with automatic controls is, you still need a simple
> interface to override their behavior when the programmed automation
> provides a wrong result. Maybe you can hide them a bit, but the same
> options must be available.

Or you implement the automation properly so that it reliably delivers the
right result.

Granted, we have often seen products that failed at automating something,
but this doesn't mean the solution is to implement override buttons all over
the place. A fridge with a just-in-case, thermostat-override button would
speak very poorly about its manufacturer, wouldn't it?

Getting automation to work is a matter of proper design, implementation and
testing. I'd rather concentrate on finding out how to do these properly in
our community, so that we can deliver solutions that don't need to be
overridden because they operate as expected.

Martín