Re: Is it time we killed "minimize to tray" ?

"Chat windows used to be one click away." This was one of the best
arguments against it until they made the tray.
http://blogs.gnome.org/mccann/2009/07/05/getting-the-message/
but you can still use the same argument, in that, gnome shell cannon't
presume to know how all applications will work.

Unfortunately I can see an audience for shell, maybe not as great as
the ipad, but nonetheless it leaves me longing for android. Around
early 2009 was the last chance anyone had to change the direction of
the beast, unfortunately I found out to late, and now all we can do is
watch. Its like one of those horror movies that you know the ending!
nah gs brings more good then harm.