Re: ApplicationIndicators design decision and its application to Rhythmbox

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 15:46, Dylan McCall <dylanmccall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, the number of clicks to access a functioh is not
> an appropriate metric for usability. If it is, we should abandon the
> Applications menu and link the desktop to /usr/share/applications ;)

sh#t dylan the absurd ones are always the best ideas! Thanks!
We should only think like that, if you ask me ;)

Showing the desktop is always easy.. there are several redundant ways and a
widget-layer-like shortcut could also help with that (e.g. F12)

i heard the word "reveal" somewhere, IIRC Mark used it.
Now you "reveal" the desktop, and why not populate it with scaled down semi
transparent tiles of the active windows, perhaps, like Mark suggested
elsewhere, with Windicators (in their original unscaled size) on them. That
would be quite like the Activity Cards[1] of WebOS, an incredibly usable
concept.

Compiz is quite adept in offering such features as scaling, tiling etc..

Is this a dead end?

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUSui3rH1a8