Re: Windicators

Somewhat contrived user story: suppose I have a whole bunch of applications
open, and all of them have some sort of audio playing,  and all of them have
a volume level windicator. If one application starts playing some sound too
loud, I can see -- while I'm alt-tabbing -- what the respective sound levels
of all my applications are. If the windicators are only rendered nativly in
the window, it will be too small to see or be useful. But, if the
windicators are larger, then I can quickly see which window is too loud,
switch to it, and fix it.

I'm sure that there are much better examples of why enlarging windicators
when windows are iconified is a good idea, but this was ay the top of my
head ;)

On May 17, 2010 9:52 PM, "Frederik Nnaji" <frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 01:47, Brandon Watkins <bwat47@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Interesting idea but I ...
well, if you need to ask like that, check:
http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/333

otherwise perhaps you misunderstood, or i misunderstood.
it's 1:1 scale, meaning the windicators are shown in their usual size, even
while their respective window is scaled down to what have you..