Re: Windicators mockups (daniel planas)

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 22:28, dani planas armangue
<daniplanas.a@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> In any case I see that here there is much talk and nothing else, begin
> to work seriously.

i guess that line didn't come out quite well, did it !?

> why I realizdo my first ideas that you can find on the wiki and the
> first icons.

i like ;) personally i would prefer a little dynamic volume meter for a
Windicator, that's more *informative* and would complement the panel menu's
rather *interactive* design.
To duplicate the indicator sound in say Rhythmboxes' Windicators doesn't
click in my head.

>  <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Maverick/daniel_windicators> I
> tried that windicators consistent with the window buttons (with inset)
> but without being buttons (such as indicators), I hope you like it.

Windicators deserve more space than close/min/max IMO; I wouldn't keep them
size-consistent with the window controls, because they are essentially
different in what they semantically are and do.

> ps1: we need talk to save metaphor

yeah, that's exactly why discussion is so valuable: to exploit the creative
advantages of natural language.