From: Mark Shuttleworth <mark.shuttleworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Ayatana] Fw: Re: Rethink the noninteractive Live CD default boot?
To: "Luke Morton" <luke.morton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: michael.forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 3:51 AM

On 25/05/10 23:05, Luke Morton wrote:
> Would it be possible to prompt the user to do a media check in the
> event of a failed install?

An install could fail in so many different ways!

There is a stage when we do a big copy of disk data, and we could
probably advise the media check if that fails. But it's likely that the
error causes the system to fail to come up, and that could happen at any
time during the boot or install process.

Mark