Re: progress dialog mockups

El vie, 28-05-2010 a las 16:07 +0200, Frederik Nnaji escribió:

>         suggestions:
>

> don't use the wheel, find a more telling symbol.
> We know we are trying to
> * indicate progress of user-initiated downloads
> * indicate progress of large file-writes (Gimp, Blender,
> Audacity/Ardour, SoundConverter, PiTiVi etc..)
> * indicate progress of file operations (Nautilus app indicator already
> exists for this)
>

> a) How would we represent these in one word?
> Progress?
> b) How would this word / category be represented in a visual symbol?
> for this we have some reference already:
> 1. http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/SymbolicIcons
> 2. http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Research/StatusIndicators
>

> the gearwheel is strongly disputable, please offer some opinions!

the links have been studying your case with depth, but provide no idea
that a symbol can be used to progress (I want to include many things in
this menu)

"I think the wheel symbol means- work and work in progress, etc. .. (I
think it is appropriate)

-If not using the wheel you can use an icon with movement that also fit.
(Such as connecting to.)

If you give me ideas of symbols I can create some examples on the screen
(mockups);)

Daniel.P